The Best Bourbon Balls
Bourbon Balls are an easy way to incorporate your love of bourbon with the Holidays, especially if you have a cheaper bourbon that would otherwise be a drain pour. Use the recipe below, take a photo and tag us on Instagram (@BourbonSippers) and we’ll update this post with your photos! That’s right, we want to see your (bourbon) balls!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (yes that’s “powdered sugar”)
- 2-3 oz wheated bourbon (Maker’s Mark, Rebel Yell 10yr, Old Weller)
- 3 oz of sippin’ bourbon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (skim is white water, and not milk anyway)
- 30 pecan halves or so.
1. Pour your favorite bourbon into a glass and start sippin’
2. Combine butter, sugar, and bourbon in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
3. Refrigerate mixture for one hour.
4. Using a melon baller, form mixture into 1-inch balls. Place bourbon balls on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Refrigerate until firm (roughly 30 minutes). Remove bourbon balls, wrap individually with plastic wrap, and freeze for 2.5 hours. No need to parafilm these.
6. Combine chocolate chips and whole milk in double boiler over medium heat, stirring until melted. One at a time, use a fork (or toothpick) to submerge the balls in chocolate, covering them on all sides.
7. Place on baking pan lined with parchment paper, garnish with pecan half. Allow bourbon balls to completely harden before eating.