How to Make a Mint Julep
So, you want to know How to Make a Mint Julep, we can help.
Mint Julep Ingredients
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Sugar or Simple Syrup (if you have it, or would like to make it)
- Bourbon (Budget – Wild Turkey 101 or Maker’s Mark, Moderate – Four Roses Single Barrel or Blanton’s, Higher End – Just drink it Neat)
- 12-16oz pewter (optional, but looks super cool) or glass cup.
- Crushed/Cracked Ice
- Can-do attitude
Mint Julep Directions
- Pre-chill your glass or pewter cups.
- Throw in 5-7 mint leaves
- Add 1tsp of sugar (that’s the smaller one, tbsp is the bigger one)
- Lightly Muddle for 5-10 seconds
- Add ice to fill 80% of the glass
- Add 3-4 ounces of Bourbon/Whiskey
- Stir for 20 seconds
- Add the rest of the ice to fill the glass to the brim and stir for 10 more seconds.
- Add a few sprigs of Mint to the top as a garnish and to provide the aroma of the mint.
- Insert Straw, Drink up, Pretend you’re rich, and try not to spill anything on that Easter Egg outfit, you beautiful person, you.